Monday, January 31, 2011

Five-foot Snowdrift

So, I get this second blog to write about other thoughts besides fashion and art. And the only things I can focus on with this blog is weird stuff like poltergeists, and large men barreling through five-foot snowdrifts just to get me.

Now, it's freezing here in Nebraska with the wind blowing the snow. Although it seems to have petered out, I've got a shovel in the back seat, just in case I slam into a snowbank and get stuck. Twice last week,  I came around the bend in the road and slid into the snowbank. I didn't get stuck on those days, but I did get a flat tire the second time.

I digress. My self-talk to my imaginative self is that since it is freezing with wind blowing snow, large men don't make a habit of barreling through snowdrifts, let alone, barreling through one, just to get me. And besides if they did, by the time they barreled through the snowdrift, they would be too cold to do mischief except to say a few choice words if they could move their mouth to form a choice word.

At which time, I would have enough time to notice the abominable snowman saying argh, jump into my car and spin my tires on the icy parking and drive away.

2 comments:

  1. We had an 8 foot snow drift last winter on our back patio. We couldn't get out of the door for two weeks. I am sick and tired of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two weeks? Long time. I hear you, I am tired of winter. I hear we are expecting more snow sometime next week.

    Bring on the spring!

    ReplyDelete